Dementia Carer Voices UK Lead, Tommy Whitelaw, has been invited to give the guest address at this year’s Carers Consultation Event at the Blantyre Miners Welfare Concert Hall in Blantyre.
This upcoming Wednesday 18 October, Tommy will be speaking alongside Val De Souza, Director for the South Lanarkshire Health & Social Care Partnership and Claire Cairns, Network Coordinator from the Coalition of Carers.
Tommy will be speaking to a hall full of carers about the work of the Dementia Carer Voices Project, the pledges we have received and his own experience as a carer. Dementia Carer Voices will be joined at the event by our colleague Rhona Millar, Events, Communications and Academy Co-ordinator at the ALLIANCE. She will have a stand at the conference showcasing the work of the ALLIANCE and taking our key messages out to the attendees.
Please see below for full details of the conference:
- Registration / Refreshments
- Minutes of Last Meeting,
- Matters Arising, Vice Chair Report,
- Finance Report
- Appointment of Accountant
- Interim Chair – Election of Directors (Kaye Harmon, South Lanarkshire Council)
- Close AGM
- Speaker – Tommy Whitelaw, UK Lead, Dementia Carers Voices, ALLIANCE Scotland.
- Speaker – Claire Cairns, Network Coordinator – Coalition of Carers, Discussing the changes to the Welfare System.
- Hot Buffet Lunch
Should you have any questions regarding the conference please contact email@example.com.