The National Carer Organisations have developed a third sector position statement on the Carers Scotland Bill which is currently going through the Scottish Parliament. The Health and Sport Committee is seeking carers views on the Bill, and the National Carers Organisations have prepared a statement which highlights different aspects of the legislation which need strengthened.
These areas include;
- National eligibility criteria for carer support
- Emergency planning and future planning for carers
- The impact of the Bill on the wider third sector
- Personal outcomes for carers
- A clear equality statement and action plan
- A duty on hospital discharge
The National Carer Organisations are inviting the third sector across Scotland to add their voices to the range of organisations calling for the Bill to be strengthened in these key areas.
If you would like to formally endorse the position statement, please contact Heather Noller, Policy & Parliamentary Officer, Carers Trust Scotland via email@example.com.