You can make a difference!
That’s the message I want people to know and is the theme of our tour for 2014.
Time, listening and understanding can make an huge difference during what can be a very difficult and lonely journey. Over and above policies, strategies or reports I feel that it’s people who have the potential to transform the lives and experiences of others. It makes me smile to think back to the special people who helped me whilst I was a carer, the thousands currently out there helping others in the same manner, and of course the students who will make up our next generation of caring professionals.
At the end of my talks I will be asking people who attend to reflect on the experiences of carers and think about making a pledge based on one key message or action that they will take away and apply to their everyday practice to make a difference.
In return, as with the carers letters I received, I promise to take those pledges across the country to raise awareness and I hope, in turn inspire others to make a difference.
Make a pledge : Make a difference
You can send your pledge to us via email to firstname.lastname@example.org , through Twitter by tweeting us @DementiaCarerVo , or in person at one of our many ‘Tour’ dates across the country (see below). We will be collating the pledges and publishing them on the home page of this website so please be sure to let us know your name and role. If you would prefer for your pledge to remain anonymous then please let us know.
Some confirmed dates for talks for the “You can make a difference tour ” 2014
• 26.03.14 Dementia Post-Diagnostic Support HEAT Target Event – Beardmore Conference Centre
• 28.03.14 James Cook University Hospital, Middlesbrough
• 31.03.14 NHSGGC Tour Royal Alexandria Hospital Lecture Theatre 2 1-2pm and 2.30-3.30pm (2 talks)
• 01.04.14 NHSGGC Tour Gartnavel General Hospital Boardroom 1-2pm and 2.30-3.30pm (2 talks)
• 02.04.14. NHSGGC Tour Western Infirmary 3rd Floor Function Suite 1-2pm and 2.30-3.30pm (2 talks)
• 03.04.14 OT forum East Renfrewshire (morning)
• 08.04.14 NHSD&G Tour – Waverly Medical Centre Open session x2 and Palmerston Football Club Closed Session (Invite only)
• 09.04.14 NHSD&G Tour – Conference Room Crichton Hall Open session x2 and Alzheimer Scotland Resource Centre, Gordon Street meet and greet with lunch.
• 10.04.14 NHSD&G Tour – Tribunal Room Midpark Hospital Open session, Conference room Crichton Hall Session with dementia champions and Howgill Centre, Treastaigh, Annan Open session
• 10.04.14 Masterclass Caledonian University
• 21.04.14 Maple Villa Livingston Dementia unit for challenging behaviours
• 24.04.14 Speaking opening of Dementia Friendly Kent
• 28.04.14 NHSGGC Tour Glasgow Royal Infirmary Boardroom 1-2pm and 2.30-3.30pm (2 talks)
• 29.04.14. NHSGGC Tour Victoria Infirmary Practice Development Classroom 1-2pm and 2.30-3.30pm (2 talks)
• 30.04.14. NHSGGC Tour Vale of Leven MR1 1-2pm and 2.30-3.30pm (2 talks)
• 06.05.14 NHSGGC Tour Glasgow Royal Infirmary Boardroom 1-2pm and 2.30-3.30pm (2 talks)
• 08.05.14 NHS Borders Dementia Awareness Event
• 09.05.14 NHSAA Crosshouse Hospital
• 14.05.14 Scottish Practice Nurse Association Conference – Perth
• 15.05.14 NHSAA Ayr Hospital
• 19.05.14 ALLIANCE Annual Conference – Pollock Halls Edinburgh
• 21.05.14 NHSGGC Annual Mental Health Clinical Governance Event – GTG Conference Centre, South St
• 22.05.14 NHSAA Crosshouse Hospital
• 27.05.14 NHSAA Ayr Hospital
• 03.06.14 NHS Annual Conference
• 04.06.14 NHS Annual Conference
• 06.06.14 NHSGGC Podiatry Development Day
• 11.06.14 NHSAA Ayr Hospital
• 18.06.14 Sandwell and West Birmingham NHS Trust and Rowley Regis Hospital
• 19.06.14 NHSAA Crosshouse Hospital
• 26.06.14 NHSAA Ayr Hospital
• 30.06.14 NHSAA Crosshouse Hospital
• 02.07.14 Dementia Café with Croy, Ayrshire
• 08.10.14 6Cs Live conference in Birmingham NHS England
• 31.10.14 Citizens Advice Direct AGM