This weeks update comes from Project Engagement Lead Tommy, who outlines the project’s plan for August, where we will be busy visiting various locations throughout Ayrshire! Let’s find out what he has to say:
I’m very excited to be going on a Mini Tour of Ayrshire. In fact, our Make a Difference Campaign started in Ayrshire with Derek Barron and Janice Mcalister at Ayr and Crosshouse Hospital, and the launch of the first Pledge trees along with Kerry Rennie and Tony Fisher for North Ayrshire Council, where we launched a pledge wall at Anam Cara.
- We start off on August 2nd, myself and ALLIANCE director Irene Oldfather with be traveling to and around Arran for 3 talks with Kerry Rennie and North Ayrshire dementia services meeting families, carers, and health and social care professionals.
- On August the 9th I will be volunteering for the day with the wonderful Food Train across Irvine and North Ayrshire.
- My next stop along the way will be at Dalmellington Care Centre Ayr on the 10th and then on to Fairknowe care home Maybole on the 12th
- The next stop along the way will be Thistleknowe Care Home in Bieth on the 17th
- On the 23rd I will be attending and joining a steering group to look at supporting dementia friendly Girvan Hospital
- On the 24th myself and our Policy and Information intern Ashleigh will be visiting our great friends at South Ayrshire carer center for a catch up and to collect some ‘ What Matters to You ‘ podcasts and case studies
- The final two talks will be to nursing students at the University west of Scotland Ayr campus Hamilton Campus September 14th 1pm – 3 pm Ayr campus September 16th 10 – 12 am the 1 pm till 3pm. We’d thank Fiona Miller, senior lecture, for inviting us back to deliver our campaign. We really appreciate our ongoing relationship with UWS and meeting new cohorts of student nurses.
I’m very much looking forward to a wonderful mini tour with great friends from across Ayrshire Mini Tour Care Homes Ayrshire August – Arran – Ayr – Girvan- Maybole- Beith – Ayr
Thanks from at Dementia Carer Voices!